Black Friday: the Latest Subscription News
It’s Black Friday, which can be a subscription merchant’s dream! That is, as long as your website is prepared to handle an influx of sales.
This time of year always makes me think of FloraFlex — a PowerSync customer that first came to us with a media-heavy homepage and unoptimized content. Their page speed loading times were around 30 seconds, and the drop-off rate was more than 50%. Black Friday is considered the biggest revenue-generating event for FloraFlex, and PowerSync made the following improvements in just 45 days!
- Page speed loading times were reduced three-fold;
- Drop-off rate reduced by ~27%;
- Black Friday sales brought in ~25% more revenue compared to the previous year.
Today, if you find yourself looking for ways to improve your eCommerce site performance, please reach out! Schedule time on my calendar for a risk-free consultation. I’m always here to help.
Every week, we highlight the biggest news happening in the subscription economy. Our hope is to inspire you to glean from what other successful recurring revenue merchants are doing, and we scour the web so you can stay current without getting buried in content. We also accept submissions, so please share your latest business news with firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Let’s get into it, but first…
Deals of The Week — Black Friday Edition
- The best Black Friday 2022 Subscription and Digital Subscription Deals We Could Rind;
- Score 25% Off Select Cratejoy Subscription Boxes Today;
- Flexibits Launches Black Friday Sale Offering 50% Off Premium Subscriptions;
- Get 50% Off This Science Experiment Subscription (The Perfect Gift for Kids);
- Get a Free Insider Membership for 2 Months;
- Top 5 Black Friday Subscription Boxes + Great Nintendo Deal;
- 19 Black Friday Subscription Deals to Keep Your Kitchen Stocked in the New Year;
- Score Lifetime Subscriptions to StackSkills and Rosetta Stone at The Best Pricing of The Year.
DoorDash Will Let Customers Gift DashPass Subscriptions
DoorDash is selling three-month, six-month and 12-month memberships of its DashPass subscription as a holiday gift option for consumers.
Read the full story on RestaurantDive.com.
Recession Resilience: The Power of Recurring Revenue
Given recurring revenue’s predictability, it can help businesses weather the storm during economic uncertainty.
Read the full story on CFO.com.
Contrary to Concerns, News Organizations Are Still Seeing a Rise in Subscriptions
The Medill Subscriber Engagement Index shows “that the bottom has not fallen out,” as some feared would happen as the pandemic eased
Read the full story on Poynter.org.
Elon Musk: Twitter subscriptions coming next week, gold check for companies, grey for govts
After pausing the $8 Twitter Blue subscription due to a barrage of troll accounts, Elon Musk says that the subscription is finally making a return.
Read the full story on IndianExpress.com.