Magento Subscription and Recurring Payments Module
Build consistent and predictable revenue stream by offering a subscription to your services or products your customers buy from you frequently:
- Track & manage customer subscriptions directly in Adobe Commerce (aka. Magento);
- The most flexible and robust solution on the market (per customer testimonials);
- Supports native Cart Price Rules and Catalog Price Rules in Adobe Commerce;
- Supports Stripe, PayPal, Braintree, Authorize.Net, CyberSource, and all offline payment methods available in Magento out of the box;
- A flexible solution makes it easy to integrate with other payment gateways;
- PCI compliant solution that is integrated with Adobe Commerce Vault for enhanced security;
- Pre-built customer notification email templates;
- Native integration with Bills (for Adobe Commerce)
Recession-proof your business today
"I wanted an intuitive yet robust back end admin area where we could set up our products.
We could add a discount at the product level. We can toggle on or off which products were available for subscription. But then also one of our requirements was we had different customer types, and there were only certain customer types that were able to purchase certain products… Everyone I talked to, a couple of them said, we can’t do this custom work… And PowerSync was really the only one who said, yeah, no sweat, we can do it.”
Carl Schwartz, SVP Revenue, Chief Customer Officer
$3M+ in Recurring Revenue with mPower in 12 months
This is the only extension on the market that has the wide variety of features and flexibility your growing business needs to meet the fast evolving subscription industry and the recurring business model.
Magento 2 Recurring Payments
and Subscription Extension Overview
The Challenge. Buyers are purchasing the same product or a service frequently and using a predictable schedule but often forget to when they need it. Often customers forget where they bought it in the first place. Magento 2 does not offer necessary tools to support a business with a recurring business model.
The Facts. An average individual subscriber was likely to hold 4.1 subscriptions across two retailers in 2022. This represents a 14% increase in the average number of subscriptions per subscriber from 2021.
The Solution. The subscription Magento extension will allow people to subscribe to products and services, offer memberships, and collect recurring donations. Gain exclusive access to recurring revenue experts and grow your customer Life Time Value (LTV); from discovery, strategy, and implementation to creating and growing your “best-in-class” service company.
Magento 2 recurring payment extension is an improvement for a conventional online store. Implementing a subscription business model will help engage more buyers who will purchase regularly, and it will help you build frequent touch points with your customers allowing you then to grow your recurring products and services footprint over time and increase customer LTV (Life Time Value).
The Magento product subscription retailers on average see a:
- 12% year-over-year (YoY) growth in LTV (Lifetime Value)
- 11% YoY growth in AOV (Average Order Value)
- 7% YoY growth in MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue)
- An average customer retention rate of 45% retention after six months and 33% after 12 months (these figures are compared to 20% average customer retention rate after 200 days for e-commerce retailers in general)
Magento 2 Subscription and Recurring Payments Features
Hassle-Free Purchasing Experience
The Magento 2 subscription plugin makes purchases effortless. This encourages occasional shoppers to become your loyal customers.
One-Click Skip/Pause/Cancel Subscription
With Magento 2 recurring billing extension, customers have complete and transparent control over their subscriptions. Pause, Cancel and re-subscribe at anytime.
Customer Personalization and Discounts
Magento recurring payments extension works well with native catalog and shopping cart price rules in the Adobe Commerce (aka. Magento) platform.
Superb Subscription Management
With the recurring payments Magento plugin, users can manage multiple subscriptions for individual products in one place. Features include the setting of the renewal period, billing address management, credit card verification, and payment information saving.
Comprehensive Payment Integrations
The Magento 2 subscriptions and recurring payment extension integrates with most common payment gateways (including Magento stripe payment integration, native PayPal & Braintree payment integrations, Authorize.net payment integration, CyberSource, and all native offline payment options offered by Adobe Commerce).
Purchase Subscriptions and One-Time Products
With the Magento 2 subscription module, customers won’t have to switch between purchasing regular products and monthly subscriptions. The shopping cart has two different sections that help effectively manage one-time purchases and subscriptions.
Generate a predictable revenue stream
with Adobe Commerce Subscription Extension
Focus on strategy and service instead of asking your customers to buy the same products again and again.
- Sell Box Subscriptions
- Auto-ship products to loyal customers
- Charge customers recurring Membership fees
- Charge for Software Licenses & Support
- Offer Product or Service subscriptions
- Ask for recurring Donations
Magento 2 Subscription Extension and customer experience
Designed intuitively to meet your customer needs and features a simplified subscription management experience
- Notify customers about any changes to the subscription (eg. expiring credit cards, upcoming renewals)
- Process & Receive past due payments with a click of a button
- View customer account history, subscription products, and preferences
- Make mass prices changes across different subscription terms
- Group products based on subscription terms and shelf life
"That's the whole business case for us….
We get predictable revenue. We get…the more revenue compared to the dollars invested… We are focusing on acquiring new customers instead of…re-acquiring the same old customers. So it’s dramatically more efficient.”
Jim Perkins, Allies Group PTE LTD
Magento 2 Subscriptions (Additional Value)
Lets geek out a little if above is not enough to make a decision 🙂
Independent payment scheduling
Customers can see regular and trial subscriptions, and able to manage them separately.
Editing options for the products
Customer are able to manage their subscriptions: change product configuration and quantities with ease.
Detailed information for a subscription
Options of a subscription can be shown on the product page directly, as well as in the cart.
Manage subscription discounts, free shipping, flexible prices depending on auto-ship frequency and other incentives to grow customer acquisition.
Most of the features are behind a toggle switch and configuration. Experiment what works best for your business without needing a developer.
Proactive communication with your customers on upcoming renewals, when payment information needs to be updated or when items are out of stock.
Payment Gateways and Payment Options
Wire and Bank Transfer
Cash on Delivery
is Our #1 Priority
- Onboarding Support
- Payment Gateway Integrations
- Designed for intuitive daily use
- No extra stuff to get in your way
Installation and Onboarding
Your success is our top priority. Hire PowerSync to help with the pre-implementation strategy, technical solution implementation, and the strategy post implementation.
Why consider PowerSync as your partner?
PowerSync has had experience with the Magento platform since the time Magento version 1.3 came out. PowerSync adopted a subscription business model in 2013 and helped pave the road for Adobe Marketplace to roll out extension subscriptions in the early 2020s after Adobe acquired Magento in 2018.
"mPower. Flexible Payment Gateways
The biggest benefit to my business since we began with mPower is probably the administration of recurring payment(s). mPower recurring payments are not only on one payment [gateway]…We use BrainTree today, but if tomorrow I want to use Stripe for recurring payment(s), I know Powersync and mPower will help me make this transition smooth. mPower manages all the recurring logic and automation in Magento, which makes it easier to switch payment gateways based on what solution offers the best rates on the market.”
Carole Darche, Online MBA institution (INSEAD)
Magento 2 Recurring Payments Extension FAQs
- They first subscribe
- When the subscription is about to renew (X days before renewal, based on the configuration)
- When payment method needs to be updated (an example is when a credit card will expire before the next renewal)
- Subsctiption status changes: canceled, past due, suspended, active.
- A comment is added by the merchant
- Payment failed
- Product is out of stock
Yes, the mPower extension works with native Catalog and Shopping Cart price rules available in Magento out of the box. Ask our subscription manager about how you can offer tiered discounts to your customers depending on their LTV (Lifetime Value)
- Cash on Delivery
- Purchase Order
- Bank/Wire Transfer
- Simple Products
- Configurable Products
- Virtual Products
- Downloadable Products
- Grouped Products
- Bundled Products (most of the use cases)
- Product quantity
- Product Configuration (eg. a larger/smaller carton of milk OR upgrades and downgrades for a membership)
- Pause or Skip a shipment
- Cancelations and renewals
- Bill date for the subscription
No problem, take their new payment information and update their subscription profile via Magento Admin Panel.
The most common example is when customers’ credit card expires. You can take their new credit card details over the phone, and update their subscription details in Magento through the back office (aka. admin panel), and manually re-run their payment in Magento for any past due or a failed transaction.
We built our product to support up to two reminders. As a merchant, you can use one or two reminders with your customers.
Let's discuss your business needs together!
Drop your information into the form below, and a customer success professional will reach out to offer a risk-free consultation and quote.
Other eCommerce Solutions by PowerSync
PowerSync is a complete Salesforce and Adobe Commerce development tech agency.