Table of Contents
Salesforce has a 20-year history of innovation. In fact, the multi-billion dollar tech giant was ranked the world’s No. 3 most innovative company by Forbes in 2018. Its Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is among the most popular Salesforce Products.
The primary goal of the Salesforce CRM is to give every department within a company a single, shared view of each customer. Going into its third decade of existence, Salesforce’s offerings have branched out into many specialized categories. Each time new Salesforce products or services are released, businesses gain access to an even more drilled-down level of functionality that helps them remain intentional about meeting business goals.
Now that 2020 is here, more expansion is on the horizon for Salesforce. Here are four things to take note of during the first quarter of the year.
1. Salesforce Spring ‘20 release features are now available
Additional key features of the release include:
- The Marketing Audience Studio is among the new Salesforce products and makes advertising more efficient. It gathers, unifies, and acts on all customer data to help businesses reach more people at the right time. It keeps track of all customer segments and reaches them across all devices at opportune times.
- Einstein Analytics for Customer Goods is a new reporting product used in conjunction with the Consumer Goods Cloud. The Consumer Goods Cloud is a tool for field reps in industries such as food and beverage, personal care, health, and beauty. It enables them to improve store visits, manage inventory, and more.
- myTrailhead for Customers and Partners is an online learning platform that enables businesses to train their team members and equip them for success. Rather than leaning on a corporate learning structure, it provides bite-sized tidbits that are easy to digest (and sometimes gamified).
- Failing to secure data can lead to loss of customer trust and legal consequences. The Salesforce Data Mask helps safeguard businesses by securing valuable information stored in Sandbox test environments.
2. Salesforce is getting closer to the general release of several Einstein Voice products
Here is a brief rundown of what each of these voice products offers.
- Service Cloud Voice integrates phone, digital channels, and CRM data to a centralized console in real-time. With it, employees can save time by routing calls from a single platform and leveraging automatic transcription functionality. Artificial intelligence is used to provide solutions and recommend the next-best actions for sales agents. Managers are also able to view all calls and digital correspondence in real-time, so they can easily intervene when assistance is needed (or provide training after the fact).
- Einstein Voice Assistant allows employees to build a custom voice-powered assistant. The application, which works on any device, allows users to log notes, update records, create tasks, and filter analytics using their voice.
- Expanding on Einstein Voice Assistant, Salesforce created Einstein Voice Skills so companies can build voice-powered apps that take the place of manual data entry or navigation in Salesforce.
- Einstein Call Coaching gives insights into team conversations, defines sales strategies based on conversational trends, and provides best practices for future interactions. This product saves the most successful calls to a conversation library that can be used for team training purposes.
3. Salesforce’s complete fiscal year 2020 financials will soon come to light
4. Recurrex subscription management tool is now available in the Salesforce AppExchange
There are more than 3,400 apps available in the Salesforce AppExchange. Each one allows users to expand the CRM functionality of Salesforce products in accordance with their specific needs.
One of the most recent Salesforce apps to be released is a subscription management solution called Recurrex. Developed by Austin-based tech company PowerSync, the app solves many challenges faced by businesses that rely on recurring revenue.
Sales teams can not function without CRM data. Roadblocks also arise when customer information is outdated or inconsistent. These facts ring especially true for subscription businesses because meticulous record-keeping is essential for success.
Recurrex automates the many aspects of subscription workflows, saving companies thousands of valuable hours overtime. Watch the video tutorial above for an overview of what the extension can do.
Do you want to learn more about Recurrex? Fill out the form below to schedule a call with PowerSync.