PowerSync is pleased to announce the latest release of its Magento 2 + Salesforce connector. Version 2.6 includes additional features as well as enhanced performance and user-friendliness.
One of the most notable benefits is the ability for merchants to handle interruptions that happen during the synchronization process. The new architecture is able to pick up where the transaction left off rather than starting from the beginning. Users are also able to test the Salesforce connection without saving the configuration first, which reduces the risk of information loss.
Magento 2 + Salesforce version 2.6 also focuses on user experience. Merchants will now enjoy more flexibility through additional configuration options that allow them to control when Salesforce orders and opportunities are created. Additionally, navigation label changes allow for further ease-of-use.
With the upgrade, users will notice an accelerated syncing process. The updated system is able to automatically detect record changes and skip synchronization if no changes are found. As a result, the process is 30-40% faster on average. Additional caching for object mappings also speeds up the process.
Leading to the update, PowerSync identified and fixed 50 issues within the software. Thirty-two of the issues were brought to light by customers. Because this kind of user feedback is essential to the continual improvement of PowerSync’s products, there is now a way to capture merchant feedback to help us serve customers better.
Here is a full list of PowerSync’s Magento 2 + Salesforce functionality
- Added support for Magento 2.3.3.
- A more granular synchronization process with an architecture that allows merchants to handle interruption of service (especially if issues happen midway through the synchronization process because the process can pick up where it left off rather than manually restarting the transaction).
- The new configuration allows you to specify the Lead behavior upon conversion.
- Ability to test the Salesforce connection without needing to save the configuration first.
- Several UX improvements to the Synchronization Queue.
- Exposed additional timestamps in the Magento Admin panel for various CRON jobs related to the integration.
- Salesforce API version for bulk processing now automatically extracted from the WSDL file.
- Ability to set integration mappings unique to each website in the Magento platform.
- Migrated installation scripts to use to the declarative schema.
- Exposed product options as an available mapping item.
- Additional configuration options provide more flexibility for merchants to control when Salesforce Orders and Salesforce Opportunites are created.
- Added major optimizations for the dependency builder logic (which prepares records before they synchronize with Salesforce).
- Overhauled bulk sync process that allows the system to detect record changes for upstream dependencies (eg. customer sync during the order synchronization process).
- Synchronization is skipped if no changes are found, accelerating the sync process by 30-40% on average (The optimization was applied to the following objects: Website, Products, Customers, Order, OrderProduct, OpportunityProduct, OpportunityContactRole, Abandoned Carts, Invoices, InvoiceProduct, Shipment, ShipmentProduct, ShipmentTracking).
- Added additional caching for object mappings to further accelerate the sync process.
- Rebuilt Add to Queue flow better supports large-volume transactions.
- TNW_SForceBusiness extension was deprecated with all features and logic moved to TNW_SForceEnterprise extension.
- Renamed several pages in the Magento Admin panel to improve UX and readability.
- Removed old database tables and renamed a few old tables to use the new naming convention.
- Changed the default price accuracy setting in the configuration to $100.12.
- Added the ability to filter the Magento Sync Queue using the Magento ID column.
- Changed navigation labels to improve the overall UX of the solution.
- Improved ACL to provide more granular access control to the features of the integration.
- Added a way to capture merchant feedback so we can better serve you.
PowerSync would like to thank all of its customers who helped improve the product. Please use the new merchant feedback feature to let us know if you run into any issues.