In July 2019, PowerSync received an urgent request from Triad Behavioral Health. The business had a scheduled release of its new Magento 2 website in...
The Latest Magento+Salesforce Integration Updates
The latest update to PowerSync’s Magento Salesforce Integration is now available. (Read our previous post to have Magento 2 Salesforce integration explained like never before). In this update,
The latest update to PowerSync’s Magento Salesforce Integration is now available. (Read our previous post to have Magento 2 Salesforce integration explained like never before). In this update, we rolled out 30+ enhancements to improve on best practices, and to create a more seamless experience for you and your customers.
- PowerSync was upgraded to support PHP 7.4, as required by Magento 2.4. In the course of prioritizing compatibility our QA team also proactively identified and fixed 15 bugs. While most were not critical, ongoing minor patches make a big difference for current and future customers;
- We added a Quick Order Button for placing Magento orders within Salesforce: Now Account Managers can place Magento Orders directly within Salesforce. This functionality automatically opens Magento, logs users in, and starts a new order for their customer;
- The synchronization queue and process got a complete overhaul. We’ve made it a lot easier to drill into records to identify the root dependency of synchronization errors. Now, you can view details about each record while synchronization is in process. The RabbitMQ queue processing system (including support for RabbitMQ) got some TLC, so now records are instantly synced upon queue;
- RMA (Return Merchandise Authorizations) records now transfer effortlessly between Magento Commerce into Salesforce, so you can track inventory velocity & restocking with ease.
- The field configuration section of the integration got a UX overhaul. Non-technical team members will find it significantly easier to manage and configure field values, without the need for developer resources;
- Magento Orders now automatically inherit account “Owners” when syncing with Salesforce. Salesforce Opportunities and Orders now inherit the record “Owner” from the Account record, for accurate, real-time sales reporting without the need for manual review;
- We’ve incorporated logic to handle edge cases for Salesforce users migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2, gracefully. For example, Region Codes & State IDs are somewhat automatically generated & critically misaligned between the two platforms. For more details on specific edge cases, contact our team.