Table of Contents
1. Prepare in advance
One of the most obvious advantages to attending the virtual Adobe Summit 2020 is the ability to do so from the comfort of your own home or office. Set up a comfortable station where you will be free of distractions. Because there will be many sessions to choose from, block intentional time on your calendar to indulge.
Prepare in advance by ensuring you have plenty of note-taking supplies, and keep snacks and beverages close by. Be sure to test your devices and Internet connection the day before to ensure you do not encounter any technological hiccups.
2. Engage on social media platforms
Once you know which speakers you will be watching, connect with them on social media. Follow the #AdobeSummit and #MagentoImagine hashtags on social media, and feel free to share what others are saying. You may also want to post your own live updates as you watch (don’t forget to mention the speakers).
3. Host an Adobe Summit 2020 viewing party
Had you planned on attending Magento Imagine with a group? While you may no longer have a fancy Las Vegas hotel to return to post-conference, you can still host a small gathering at your home or office. If you and your colleagues are making the decision to self-quarantine, you still have the option to keep in touch through a group chat (via Slack, Facebook or the platform of your choice). This enables you to share thoughts and ideas about Adobe Summit 2020 in real-time while they are fresh.
4. Blog about what you learned
Because in-person networking isn’t an option this year, you can still draw attention to your brand by posting useful content about what you learn during the digital Adobe Summit 2020 conference. Whether it be on your personal blog or LinkedIn page, use the time you would have spent mingling to open up conversations online.
A few more things to note
- While the COVID-19 scare put a damper on Adobe Summit 2020, Adobe is encouraging people to save the date for next year’s conference, which will take place in Las Vegas from March 14-18.
- Adobe officials said they will continue to monitor the global health situation as the company prepares for future events. As of March 18, the Adobe Summit 2020 FAQ page said plans were still on for the Adobe Summit EMEA on May 13-14 in London. At that time, Adobe was also still moving forward with plans to host the Adobe Summit in Sydney on Aug. 13-14.
- In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, many big tech companies – such as Facebook, Google and Salesforce – have been stepping up to the plate to provide relief. Adobe has done its part by enabling distance learning for schools around the world that are impacted by COVID-19. It is making its Creative Cloud tools available at no cost to students through May 31.
- Follow PowerSync on Facebook and Twitter for coverage of the Magento Imagine and Adobe Summit 2020 remote experience.