Table of Contents
The international COVID-19 outbreak has halted major events across the globe, including Adobe Summit 2020. The event was scheduled to take place March 29-April 2 in Las Vegas. Citing the health and safety of all involved, a statement from Adobe called the cancellation a “difficult but important” decision.
The news was particularly disappointing for eCommerce professionals. Adobe planned to make the tenth anniversary Magento Imagine conference “bigger and better than ever” by merging it with the Adobe Summit for the first time. The collaboration would have provided an opportunity for guests to rub elbows with 20,000 leaders in commerce, marketing automation, analytics and advertising.
After the cancellation, the tech giant wasted no time announcing it planned to move pieces of Adobe Summit 2020 online. Those who wish to participate can now sign up for free.
“While we are disappointed that we will not be together in-person with our community this year, we are excited to host Adobe Summit as a digital experience,” Adobe digital experience representative Anil Chakravarty said in a statement.
On March 31, virtual guests will be able to watch the live keynote speeches and gain on-demand access to more than 100 virtual breakout sessions from Adobe, its customers and its partners. Special guest host Chelsea Handler will also give viewers a sneak peek at the latest experimental tech from the Adobe labs.
While the virtual workshops may pale in comparison to the immense networking opportunity the Adobe Summit traditionally provides, here are four ways to get the most out of your Magento Imagine remote experience.
1. Prepare in advance
One of the most obvious advantages to attending the virtual Adobe Summit 2020 is the ability to do so from the comfort of your own home or office. Set up a comfortable station where you will be free of distractions. Because there will be many sessions to choose from, block intentional time on your calendar to indulge.
Prepare in advance by ensuring you have plenty of note-taking supplies, and keep snacks and beverages close by. Be sure to test your devices and Internet connection the day before to ensure you do not encounter any technological hiccups.
2. Engage on social media platforms
Once you know which speakers you will be watching, connect with them on social media. Follow the #AdobeSummit and #MagentoImagine hashtags on social media, and feel free to share what others are saying. You may also want to post your own live updates as you watch (don’t forget to mention the speakers).
3. Host an Adobe Summit 2020 viewing party
Had you planned on attending Magento Imagine with a group? While you may no longer have a fancy Las Vegas hotel to return to post-conference, you can still host a small gathering at your home or office. If you and your colleagues are making the decision to self-quarantine, you still have the option to keep in touch through a group chat (via Slack, Facebook or the platform of your choice). This enables you to share thoughts and ideas about Adobe Summit 2020 in real-time while they are fresh.
4. Blog about what you learned
Because in-person networking isn’t an option this year, you can still draw attention to your brand by posting useful content about what you learn during the digital Adobe Summit 2020 conference. Whether it be on your personal blog or LinkedIn page, use the time you would have spent mingling to open up conversations online.
A few more things to note
- While the COVID-19 scare put a damper on Adobe Summit 2020, Adobe is encouraging people to save the date for next year’s conference, which will take place in Las Vegas from March 14-18.
- Adobe officials said they will continue to monitor the global health situation as the company prepares for future events. As of March 18, the Adobe Summit 2020 FAQ page said plans were still on for the Adobe Summit EMEA on May 13-14 in London. At that time, Adobe was also still moving forward with plans to host the Adobe Summit in Sydney on Aug. 13-14.
- In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, many big tech companies – such as Facebook, Google and Salesforce – have been stepping up to the plate to provide relief. Adobe has done its part by enabling distance learning for schools around the world that are impacted by COVID-19. It is making its Creative Cloud tools available at no cost to students through May 31.
- Follow PowerSync on Facebook and Twitter for coverage of the Magento Imagine and Adobe Summit 2020 remote experience.
As a tech software company, PowerSync is dedicated to helping businesses succeed in the face of adversity. Ensuring all systems are functioning optimally at all times allows businesses to make the best and most up-to-date decisions.
If you are in the eCommerce sector, feel free to fill out the form below to learn more about how our third-party tools can help you stay prepared for unexpected circumstances. Additionally, be sure to read or blog post that provides 4 tips for eCommerce survival during COVID-19.